Signposting - Social care services - Assessment for social care


Jump to: navigation, search
Section: Signposting

Subsection: Signposting - Social care services

Assessment for social care


Parent carer assessment vs carer's assessment
Tips for meetings with social services
Related subsections
Accessing social care, Eligibility, Services, Single assessment projects
Related articles
Your social worker
Caring adult.jpg
Assessments are the first stage in sorting out what help you need from social services. A social worker, usually from the Children with Disabilities Team will carry out this assessment and organise any care and support that is agreed.

For more information about social services assessment, including what to expect and how to prepare, see Contact [Disabled children's services web page].

In Wiltshire, a wide range of agencies base their assessments on a joined-up process called the Common Assessment Framework (CAF), designed to reduce the number of assessments that you will need to make and also the time it takes to get access to services. You can find out more on the [Accessing Children's Services page of the Wiltshire Council website].