Signposting - Moving to adult life


Jump to: navigation, search
Section: Signposting

Moving to adult life


Brandon Trust community team services
Brandon Trust job vacancies
Careers Advice for Parents
Community Connecting Newsletter
Easy Read Wiltshire Council web page
Getting the Right Support from Your Local Authority
Guidance for young people on the transition to adult health and social care services
NNPCF - What the Children and Families Act says about transitions
New research project in Wiltshire led by disabled people
Openstorytellers Life Skills Day Services (Frome)
Preparing for Adulthood - Care Act Factsheet
Preparing for Adulthood Outcomes in EHC Plans across the Age Ranges
Shared Lives – Support and/or Accommodation for Young People with SEND aged 16+
Welcome to ‘My Adult - Still My Child’
Wiltshire Council’s Employment and Community Skills (ECS) team - How it works.
… further results
Related subsections
Special educational needs, Transition 14+, Transition 14-25 years projects, Transport

Moving adult.jpg
As parents and carers we all want to see our children grow up into self-reliant adults with lives of their own.

When the child in question has special educational needs and/or disability, the process of moving out and moving on is necessarily longer and more complex, but with the right advice, equipment and training it can still be achieved.

The educational aspect of this process is dealt with in the Transition 14+ section, but on this page you can also find links to information and services that can help with the practical aspects of moving to adult life.


Adult health & wellbeing
Adult social care
Money matters
Social life